Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Will

Hello! Today’s post is about this video about the future with “will”.

>

 It uses illustrations and it’s very short and fun, so it can be a very motivating way of presenting the future to our students. It starts with the main functions of the future with “will”, which are:

1) Promises (I will love you forever)

2) Offers (I’ll help you eat it)

3) Spontaneous or quick decisions (I’ll get help) or spontaneous threats (I’ll make you sorry!)

4) Predictions about the future (In the future you will die)

Then it talks about the positive and negative forms and their contractions:

· Positive: will

· Contraction: I’ll, you’ll, we’ll…

· Negative: will not

· Contraction: won’t

And it ends will a summary of the functions that I’ve mentioned above.

I think this is a nice video to show our students that can help them remember when to use “will” in English. It’s quite eye-catching and the illustrations make it really easy to understand.

What do you think of the video? Now that you know more about the future you can do the first activity in assessment, which is a fill-in-the-blank activity about the future. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment